To assist adults in Frederick County in attaining the reading, writing and English-speaking skills needed to achieve personal goals and integrate more fully into the community.
By promoting literacy, the Literacy Council of Frederick County empowers people to live more fulfilling lives.
By training volunteer tutors, we provide free, individualized instruction to adults in need of essential reading, writing, and English language skills.
We believe in:
- Providing learner-centered instruction with compassion, confidentiality, and respect.
- Recognizing the power of our passionate and dedicated volunteers.
- Educating a parent in order to educate a family.
- Creating a safer, healthier, and more vibrant community throught the ripple effect of adult literacy.
- Engaging with our community.
- Sustaining our organization through:
- Responsible financial stewardship of resources
- Sound management practices
- A strong volunteer base
Adopted by LCFC Board June 18, 2012